- 3.002000 (2015-12-10)
- - Try config file to include with .conf appended to match primary config file search behaviour.
Search still does not use global paths,
it is either absolute or relative to the including config file.
- - Detect config file inclusion loops and croak in that case.
- - Avoid modifying parameter definition by storing deep copies of referenced values (hashes or arrays).
This prevents subtle interaction of multiple calls to Config::Param::get() with the same definition.
- 3.001000 (2014-05-31)
- - Rework logic for finding config files: Instead of looking for a fixed configuration directory (unless a specific one is configured),
search every file in a default list of directories.
To that list,
~/.config/program and ~/.config got added.
- - Add separator syntax for arrays and hashes (--array/,/=1,2,3).
- 3.000010 (2012-10-04)
More checking of hash keys to make perl -w happy.
- 3.000009 (2012-07-31)
Be more permissive about config file candidates: Everything that exists and is not a directory (makes /dev/fd/x special devices work).
and examples/par_acceptor_include.conf is now in the distribution.
- 3.000008 (2012-07-30)
- - Fix printout of selected parameter values for paramorama (of course,
I managed to break it for its initial purpose while reworking the Param module API).
- - Fix construction mode for included config files (passing it along now).
- 3.000007 (2012-07-28)
Consistent indent for value in single-parameter help.
- 3.000006 (2012-07-27)
Fixing construction mode of parse_file to really behave as if accept_unknown had been specified (incomplete conditional).
This fixes construction from files without full meta data.
documentation got further refinement.
- 3.000005 (2012-07-21)
- - Require Perl 5.8.0 as reliable base for main work and tests.
- - Require some modules explicitly.
- - Update POD of paramorama (and add TODO about fully automating that).
- 3.000004 (2012-07-21)
Include parameter types in POD output.
- 3.000003 (2012-07-20)
Some documentation fixes of varying substance.
- 3.000002 (2012-07-20)
And another release without functional changes,
cleanup up the documentation and putting the plain text files also into POD format.
Nicer lookin on da CPAN web,
- 3.000001 (2012-07-20)
Already an update!
it's just a version bump because the first PAUSE upload did not work.
- 3.000000 (2012-07-20)
- - Finally putting things on CPAN after prettifying the code and API cleanup (including the obligatory OO interface).
- - Some features got added,
- - support for hashes
- - noexit,
silenterr config entries
- - Others got removed:
- - automatic eval() of files
- - ignorehelp config switch (just use nofinals)
- - Behavioural changes:
- - multliline values don't get a line end appended unless there is an empty line before the end marker.
it was not possible to enter values that don't end with a line end.
- - --config is an array now,
as well as optionally the file config entry
- - Heck,
stuff is tested meanwhile!
- 2.x.y (sometime in 2004,
- - Letting it grow and mature with the times,
adding config hash to the API.
- - Got a lot of use outside the music archive.
- - Published on personal web page.
- 1.x (sometime in 2004,
- - Putting a simple routine to handle command line and configuration file parsing into a module,
only working on given flat parameter specification.
- 0.x (sometime in 2004)
- - Starting to write a music archive management system and humbly writing scripts that take command line arguments.