test_whitespaces - script to check files for errors in whitespaces
test_whitespaces [FILEs or DIRs or both]
--help Show this message
--version Show version number
Script will work on text files that are specified as the parameters or are situated in the specified diretories.
Script will check if all the rules are followed.
- Each line ends with "\n" (including the last line)
- For new lines "\n" is used (not "\r\n")
- There are no ending spaces on the lines
- 4 spaces are used instead of tabs
- No empty lines in the end of file
In case of errors script outputs friendly information what is wrong.
There is also a script `whiter` that can fix all that errors and there is a Perl module Test::Whitespaces that can be used to test your source code.
Project url: https://github.com/bessarabov/Test-Whitespaces
The source code for this script is hosted on GitHub https://github.com/bessarabov/Test-Whitespaces