whiter - script to fix whitespaces errors in files
whiter [FILEs or DIRs or both]
--verbose Scrip show filenames that are fixed
--help Show this message
--version Show version number
Script will work on text files that are specified as the parameters or are situated in the specified diretories.
Script will check if all the rules are followed. In case if something is wrong the script will fix the file.
- Each line ends with "\n" (including the last line)
- For new lines "\n" is used (not "\r\n")
- There are no ending spaces on the lines
- 4 spaces are used instead of tabs
- No empty lines in the end of file
There is also a script `test_whitespaces` that checks all that ruls and there is a Perl module Test::Whitespaces that can be used to test your source code.
Project url: https://github.com/bessarabov/Test-Whitespaces
The source code for this script is hosted on GitHub https://github.com/bessarabov/Test-Whitespaces