tools/release/parrot_github_release.pl - automates the 'parrot.github.com' release process
$ perl tools/release/parrot_github_release.pl [OPTIONS]
This script automates the packaging of the 'parrot.github.com' repository and the archiving of the previous documentation release into the appropriate 'parrot-docsx' repository.
In short, this script automates Section X of the Release Manager Guide (docs/project/release_manager_guide.pod) as outlined in the Release Parrot Github Guide (docs/project/release_parrot_github_guide.pod).
The path to the directory which contains the previous documentation release. Specifically, the 'docs/' directory of the previous release of parrot.
Displays this help message and exits.
Displays the version and copyright information and exits.
1. As written, this script will execute only on *nix (and related) systems.
2. You must execute this script from the parrot root directory, i.e., './parrot'; otherwise, it will fail.
1. This script assumes you are the Release Manager, working on Section X of the Release Manger Guide, and have, therefore, already cut the new Parrot release.
2. You must use a fully qualified path for the '-d' option.
For example, if the path to the previous version of the documentation is contained in /home/user/git-work/parrot/docs/', you must specify the complete path to the 'docs/' directory and may not use "shell expansion" as the name of your home directory, i.e., you may not use
~/git-work/parrot/docs/. To do otherwise means the script will fail.
* [2012-03-21] Initial version written by Alvis Yardley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* [2012-07-13] Made the script more robust Alvis Yardley <email@example.com>